View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Valerie Naught
First Year

Valerie Naught
First Year

Posts Posts : 95

Research, silly Empty
PostSubject: Research, silly   Research, silly I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Valerie loved a challenge, and what was a bigger challenge than the triwizard tournament? NOTHING. Of course, there were all those warnings about it being a wizard's contract, and how it was possible to die, but Valerie was only eleven and to her, death was something that happened to other people.

She knew some of the others were out on the quidditch pitch, "training". She suspected it was just their excuse to play with brooms, but Valerie found everything to do with quidditch suspect. She was not a big fan of that game.

Being the only person in the tournament who had the confidence to enter by herself, she would need to know everything possible about challenges that had been issued in the past. With this in mind, she made her way up to the library.
Back to top Go down
Scarlett Rose
Prefect (S)
First Year

Scarlett Rose
Prefect (S)First Year

Posts Posts : 668

Research, silly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, silly   Research, silly I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Scarlett left her flying friends behind in the Quidditch Pitch for a moment, while she went to have some alone time. She felt like the only person that was having second thoughts on the entering her name into the Goblet of Fire. Taking a deep breath, she started her way up to the most quiet calming place in Hogwarts, the school's library.

Scarlett entered the library, to find its usual silent noise fill the peaceful mood-ed room. Exhaling deeply, Scarlett went to take a sit next to a young Hufflepuff girl and couldn't help but to notice what the book was based on. "The Tri-Wizard Tournament," she spoke in a normal voice, causing sudden shh-es to fill the peaceful quiet. Scarlett said her few sorries, before turning her attention back to the girl. She was still shocked by why a young Hufflepuff like the one next to her, would want from the information.

That's when the Hufflepuff looked up to scowl Scarlett for being nosy. "I'm sorry, but-," she started but was cut off by the familiar awkward features from the girl's face. There was only one Hufflepuff, she knew of, that was picked from the Goblet and that was the girl who insisted on being independent during the Tournament. Scarlett looked down awkwardly, shifted her weight uncomfortably. She didn't want to seem like she was starring because that would be rude. So she instead sent the girl a thought, knowing that if she spoke her voice wouldn't be able to be carried in a whisper.

You wouldn't have the pleasant of being Valerie Naught, she sent, looking up to meet the girl's stunned gaze. Scarlett knew, even if she recognized who the girl was, the Hufflepuff wouldn't know who she was, being she wasn't a somebody until being pick from the Goblet of Fire.
Back to top Go down
Valerie Naught
First Year

Valerie Naught
First Year

Research, silly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, silly   Research, silly I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Obviously, Valerie had done something to engender this girl's sudden intimidation. She really could not think what, for Valerie tried to get along with everyone. At least, she tried to get along with everyone she had no overt dislike for, and this girl had done nothing so terrible. Yet.

Then, before she could reassure the child that she was in no way angry or irritated, a strange thought crawled like a spider across her brain. It gave her a sickening feeling, to know her borders could be breached in such a way, and then there was a reason to genuinely dislike this intruder.

"Please don't do that," she said aloud.

For who else could possibly have communicated such a mundane question in such an outstanding fashion?

"I suppose you're going to tell me you need this book," she added.
Back to top Go down
Scarlett Rose
Prefect (S)
First Year

Scarlett Rose
Prefect (S)First Year

Research, silly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, silly   Research, silly I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:44 pm

Scarlett frowned and shook her head, noticing the negative energy that was feeding off Valerie. "I didn't mean to sicken you," she replied, "I just, didn't want my voice to carry into an echo," she stated, looking around, "It's rather empty in here," she added tilting head to the side, offering a smile. "I- I'm Scarlett Rose," she stuttered, hesitating rather the Hufflepuff would even care for her name. "So, what are you up to?" she asked more curious than nosy, even her eyes flashed to a sharp yellow rather than their relaxing brown stances.
Back to top Go down
Valerie Naught
First Year

Valerie Naught
First Year

Research, silly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, silly   Research, silly I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 1:45 am

Oh, so she had done nothing. Scarlett Rose was just one of those timid little creatures who was convinced everything she did was wrong.  How the hell had she gotten into Slytherin?  As well to ask how Valerie had ended up in Hufflepuff, she supposed.

"That's not an excuse for invading other people's minds without leave," Valerie told her.

Now that she knew Scarlett would be intimidated no matter what she did, she didn't mind trying to intimidate her.
Back to top Go down
Scarlett Rose
Prefect (S)
First Year

Scarlett Rose
Prefect (S)First Year

Research, silly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, silly   Research, silly I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 12:54 pm

Scarlett shrugged, "You're just not one to talk," she replied, "You know, even though I can read your thoughts. You're mind isn't very much of an open book as others," she added, noticing the difference between the old and new energy. Scarlett looked away feeling insulted by her thoughts of her, contemplating rather to confront them or not. Scarlett decided to meet them, "Excuse me," she whispered, feeling insulted.
Back to top Go down
Valerie Naught
First Year

Valerie Naught
First Year

Research, silly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, silly   Research, silly I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Valerie didn't think any of that deserved an answer, so she didn't dignify it with one. She certainly wasn't going to excuse someone who thought she could just go about looking into people's heads whenever she pleased.

However, at that moment, a piece of paper shaped like a crane flapped through a window and unfolded itself in front of Valerie's face.

Team Valkyrie, please report to the quidditch pitch for training was all it said.

"I have to go," she told the awful girl.

At least she had a legitimate reason.
Back to top Go down
Scarlett Rose
Prefect (S)
First Year

Scarlett Rose
Prefect (S)First Year

Research, silly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, silly   Research, silly I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Scarlett smiled, "Okay, bye!" she called back, her eyes forming into a pool of blue. "I hope i can see you around, later," she added, standing up to walk to her dormitory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Research, silly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, silly   Research, silly I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Research, silly

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Academy :: Lounge-